Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

You're Gonna Miss This...

Yesterday was one of those rare days where I actually had a moment to myself to take a shower. Ricky had off of work due to the tropical storm that didn't happen to hit us. Usually when I take a shower I put Kendall in there with me so she can play and it is easier to get her bath in that way. I also put her in the shower with me because if I don't she is outside the shower pulling the curtain back and throwing all of her toys in. Needless to say there is nothing relaxing about bath time for me.
So while I was sitting there letting the hot water beat down on me this song by Trace Adkins popped into my head. I had CMT on a few weeks ago while I was cleaning and happened to see the video. All I could think about was how one day not too far off I am not going to have a 2 1/2 year old yanking down my shower curtain trying to get in. It may seem like I never get a moment to myself but there is going to be a day when I wish I had my little girls tugging away at me for their every need. All of a sudden it got very lonely in that shower.
One thing I have learned since having children is life flies by when you have something to gauge time against. I feel so blessed to be able to stay home with my girls while they are young. I know this time will be over before I know it and they will be independent young women.

No comments: