Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Friday, July 18, 2008

Engineering degree required

lots of pieces
throwing a 2 yr old in the mix doesn't make it easier!

the box of death!
Atleast she likes the darn thing!
Last Christmas I was standing in line at HEB buying a few items and happened to glance over at all the toy displays they had at the end of each register. They had all these "Big toys" for about $30.00 a piece and it looked like it was a great deal. The two that happened to catch my eye were a kitchen set and a little baby changing station set. One of the gifts I wanted to get Kendall was a kitchen set so I thought I had totally scored to get two things for less than the price of one at Toys R Us. Just getting these boxes into my car was an ordeal... this alone should have sent up a red flag.

The night before Christmas Ricky and I were sitting there realizing that all the gifts we bought for her that year had to be put together in some form or fashion. We basically flipped a coin and divided up the work. I started on the baby changing station while he put together her horse. A few hours later and seriously falling asleep and feeling all sorts of neck and back cramps from hunching over I decided I would go to bed and finish the project in the morning before having her open her gifts. On Christmas morning Ricky was in such a huge hurry to let her out to see her gifts that he didn't want me to finish putting the thing together...

Well fast forward a good 7 months and that and the kitchen were still not finished. (I know I know, pretty terrible)

I got a wild hair to finish these projects yesterday. Let me just tell you that once you have a child you will forever be putting things together. Nothing comes as is and ready for play. They do not tell you that you need an engineering degree to put this stuff together either. I worked on putting the kitchen together for two hours last night and here are some pictures.

No comments: