Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Personalities and Birthdays

Ever since I had Kendall I keep hearing mom's talking about their baby's developing personality. I always found this to be silly because I never saw a distinct personality in Kendall. Heck, with Kendall there was no pattern to anything. Now that I have another baby and the whole process isn't new to me, I am noticing things I didn't notice with Kendall... it is like watching a movie a second time and seeing things you didn't catch the first time. I have to admit it is a much more enjoyable experience the second time around. Do not get me wrong, I was super stoked to be a mama the first time and Kendall was and is my little miracle but being a mommy a second time comes with a certain ease. So I guess what I am trying to say is that I am already seeing some of Kara's personality shine through!! I can already tell that she is going to be a little comedian... there is just something about this smirk she gives me.

Just a little note to say that tomorrow is my 27th birthday. I am not looking for anything here but would just like to say that I do not like birthdays anymore. Am I already one of those women? You know the ones who get stuck on their 39th birthday for ten years or refuse to tell you their age. I would be happy if I was 25 for 20 more years. I am not sure if having children makes me just not interested in my birthday anymore but that is about the time I no longer looked forward to them. So tomorrow I will not have a day that is all about me but more likely be having a cake with candles just so my two year old can blow them out... that is how I role these days.

1 comment:

Jennjilla said...

Happy Birtday, pretty lady! :)